HGR Boys Lacrosse Coaches
- 3 year starter at Merrimack 2x all American 2x all conference and all New England.
- Preseason attackman of the year 2017.
- National runner up 2017 3x final four appearances.
- Total 181 pts on the career senior captain 2017.
- 4th year HGR coach.
- Current Merrimack Women’s team assistant.
- 2017 Coach Beckett was named the head coach of Triton Regional High School
- 2015 season Geoff was assisting Ryan Connolly at North Andover High School
- 2016 Coach Beckett was the defensive coordinator at Hamilton Wenham High School
- Defensive coordinator at Merrimack College for the ’09 – ’11 seasons.
- Prior to MC, Coach Beckett was the head coach of Pentucket High School.
- St. John’s Prep Midfielder 89′-93′ North All Star 93′
- Union College Midfielder 93′-97′
- Malden Catholic Assistant Coach 2001-2003
- Woburn High School Head Coach 2004-2013
- Middlesex League Coach of the Year 2011, 2012<
- Timberlane Regional High School Head Coach 2015-Present
- Hampstead Youth Coach 2013-Present
- Raptors/HGR 2007-Present
- BayState North Coach 2006, 2007
- Current Position: Assistant Varsity Coach at St. John’s Prep (2017-Present)
- Asst Varsity Coach at Billerica Memorial HS (2009-2016)
- Asst Varsity Coach at Lowell HS (2007, 2008)
- Asst Varsity Coach at Hollis/Brookline HS (2006)
- Youth Lacrosse Coach for many years
- Played High School Lacrosse at Billerica
- Alma-mater, Fitchburg State College, did not have a lacrosse program, played Soccer & Hockey (helped start the club organization that later became the Women’s NCAA and Men’s Club programs)
- Still very involved in “old man” lacrosse
- Coaches Soccer & Basketball at St. John’s Prep
- Enjoys Hiking w/ Fiancé & Dog Ollie, Watching and Playing soccer
- Played his high school lacrosse Medford High School in Medford, MA, Captain his senior year
- He went on to play at Salem State and was a 4 year starter and a 3 time captain
- He received his Bachelors in History with a minor in Secondary Education and has since earned a Masters of Education
- 2002- Present, Head Coach of North Reading High School
- 2x Cape Ann League Coach of the Year (2011, 2013)
- 2x Eagle Tribune Coach of the year (2005, 2011)
- 1x Boston Globe Boys Lacrosse Division III Coach of the Year (2011)
- 1x BostonLax.net Division III Boys Coach of the year (2012)
- Selected to Coach the Agganis High School Lacrosse All-Star Classic (2013)
- Currently coaching with HGR and Billerica Youth Programs
- Played collegiate Lacrosse at Nichols College (3 Year Captain)
- Played high school lacrosse at Billerica Memorial High School
- Honors: 2001 State Champion, Eastern Mass All-Star, Lowell Sun All-Star, 1 Year Captain
- 2017 Scott played was drafted by and played for the Long Island Lizards.
- 2016 1st team All-American
- 2016 DII player-of-the-year nominee
- 2013-2016 Long Stick Midfielder at Merrimack College
- Also a team captain at Merrimack College
- Went to Austin Preparatory School (2008-2012), Two Year Captain
- Three-time Catholic Conference All-Star, CCL MVP in 2012
- Two Time Boston Globe All-Scholastic (2011,2012)
- 4th Year Coaching at HGR
- Two time Merrimack College captain
- 2015 2nd team All-American
- In 2018, led Concord-Carlisle HS to victory in the State Central/East Division 2 Championship.
- Head Coach Concord Carlisle HS 2001 to Present
- Assistant Coach Concord Carlisle HS 1993 to 2000
- Played HS lacrosse Newton North HS
- Played 4 years at Springfield College – Captain 1991
- Won a State Championship as an assistant coach in 1998 and as a head coach in 2012 both at Concord Carlisle
- Teaches Physical Education at Concord Middle School and an assistant football coach at Concord Carlisle HS
- Played high school lacrosse and was the captain at North Andover High School
- Played college lacrosse at Mount Ida College, where he was a four-year starter, winning three conference championships, playing in two NCAA tournament games and making the NEILA All-Star Game in 2011
- He has been coaching youth lacrosse for the past 7 years
- He has also coached the Andover High Freshman team for three years and the North Andover High Freshman team for the past two years.
- 2016 Billerica High School Assistant Coach
- 2012 – Present President Billerica Youth Lacrosse
- 2010 – Present Coach Billerica Youth Lacrosse
- 2013 Assistant Billerica High School
- 2011 – 2012 Coach Raptors Lacrosse
- 1987 – 1990 Assistant Burlington High School
- 1985 Played at Bridgton Academy, led the team in scoring and captained team
- 1980 – 1984 Played at Burlington High School, Brine Eastern Mass All-Star many moons
- Current Assistant Coach Winnacunnet HS
- Team USA Indoor Goalie
- Previous Vermont Voyageurs JR Coach
- Previous USA U-19 indoor assistant coach
- Previous assistant coach Beverly HS
- Currently playing lacrosse at Merrimack College
- Played 4 years of lacrosse at Walpole High School
- Under Armor All-American in high school
- NE-10 Champion in 2018 with Merrimack College
- National Champion in 2018 with Merrimack College
- Coaching – MBYLL Select Head Coach U-13/U-15 levels (2012-Present – 8th year) – across all North Shore towns (Ipswich/ Beverly / Cape Ann / Georgetown / Triton / Newburyport)
- *Runner-Up U-13 D1 Select 2018*, MBYLL U-14 Colonials Asst. Coach, 2018
- Endicott College, 2007-11 – Captain –
- 2 Time Conf. Champion, NCAA Tournament
- Senior-Scholar Athlete of the Year
- All-Time Leader in Career Games Played, #5 in Career GBs
- Conard High School (West Hartford, CT): 1st Team All-State Class M, State Championship Semifinals
- EMASS 2018 Coach of the Year
- Melrose High School Head Coach 2011-Present
- Andover High School Assistant Coach 2004-2010
- Middlesex League Champion 2014
- Middlesex League Coach of the Year 2014
- UNH Lacrosse
- Captain Andover High School 1999
- Coached 7 High School All Americans
- Melrose had 6 wins in program history when I took over and we made the tournament with 12 wins in my second year
- “I feel what I have built in Melrose is pretty special and I am extremely proud of where the program is going.”
- 2015 Captain of Merrimack College Men’s Lacrosse
- Member of Merrimack Lacrosse first NCAA victory in 2015
- NE-10 All-Conference and NEILA first team selection in 2015
- Played in NEILA 2015 East-West Senior All-star game
- NEILA All-Academic Selection 2015
- 3 Year starter at Shenendehowa High School in Clifton Park NY
- Head Coach Bedford MA HS 2013-Present
- Assistant Coach Bedford MA HS 2009-2012
- Head Coach Cambridge Rindge and Latin HS 2008
- Assistant Coach Lexington HS 2005-2006
- Football Coach Bedford MS 2013-Present
- Math Teacher Bedford Public Schools 2009-present
- Math Teacher Cambridge Public Schools 2007-2008
- Graduate Lexington HS 1998
- Current Coaching Position: HGR since 2017
- Previous Coaching Positions: Billerica youth lacrosse
- Awards (both as player/coach): 2 time mvc all conference at Billerica, 2 time all American and 3 time all New England at Merrimack
- College and High School teams and personal accomplishments: 2x team captain at Merrimack, 3 Divison 2 final four appearances and 1 national championship appearance at Merrimack College
- 2013 All-American attackman at Merrimack College entering his 3rd year as an HGR coach
- 2-time All-American and captain at Billerica Memorial High School
- 2-time captain at Merrimack College
- Lead Division II in points per game and ground balls per game in 2012
- March 9th, 2015 Greg was acquired by the MLL Chesapeake Bayhawks
- Greg posted three hat trick performances in his rookie season in the MLL
- In 2016, Greg was traded back home to the Boston Cannons and scored a goal in each of his first two games as a Cannon
- Greg was traded to the Florida Launch in 2017
Mike Morgan – Coach
- Mike Morgan is in his 9th year as head coach of the Merrimack men’s lacrosse team and is all-time winningest coach in program history
- In 2018, Coach Morgan led the Merrimack Warriors to the school’s first ever Division II NCAA Championship.
- In 2019, he again Head-Coached the Warriors to their 2nd National Championship.
- Morgan’s first four seasons were as successful as any Division II men’s lacrosse coach ever, as he became the first head coach to win 50 games in four seasons when Merrimack defeated Le Moyne on May 6, 2011
- In Morgan’s first four seasons, he has guided Merrimack to its first-ever NCAA Final Four appearance, a Northeast-10 Championship, and three Northeast-10 Championship appearances
- Prior to coaching at Merrimack Morgan was the head coach at his alma mater, St. Dominic High School on Long Island. As a player at St. Dom’s Morgan was a team captain and CHSAA All-League player
- A 2000 graduate of Merrimack College, Morgan was named an All-American in 2000 when he earned First Team All-Northeast 10 and All-New England honors. That year, he was also named New England Player of the Year. He was a key member of the 2000 squad that captured Merrimack’s first Northeast-10 Championship and two ECAC Championships (1999, 2000)
- In 2016, Coach Morgan led the Merrimack Warriors to his and the school’s third NCAA Division II final four.
- In 2017 Coach Morgan led the Merrimack Warrior to their first national championship appearance.
- Current Head Coach at Curry College
- 2018 CCC Coach of the Year
- Led Curry to 1st ever CCC Tournament victory in 2017
- Former Head Coach at Husson University where he led team to 1st ever appearance in the ECAC
- iv 3 NE Tournament
- Former Assistant Coach at Franklin Pierce
- Former Assistant Coach at St. Andrews (NC)
- Former Assistant Coach at Merrimack College
- 4-year starter at Merrimack College
- 2000 Graduate of Norwich University, 4-year starter, Sr. Capt.
- Former Asst. Coach at Austin Prep HS 2006,2007, 2X CCL Champs
- Current Head Coach at Burlington High School since 2008
- MVC2 Coach of the Year 2008, 2011
- MVC2 Conference Champs 2011
- HGR Lacrosse since 2010
- This is his 3rd season as the head coach of Burlington High School.
- Prior to that Coach O’Brien was the Head Coach at Dracut High and was 2 time MVC oach of the year in 2008 and 2011
- Currently in his 4th season as the Head Coach of Malden Catholic High School.
- Coach O’Neil was the Assistant Coach under Rick Mazzei for the previous three seasons
- Matt was a stand out attackman at Merrimack College from ’00 – ’03 and a captain in ’03
- Former Head Defensive Coach at Merrimack College
- Played defensive midfielder at Merrimack College, class of 2013
- 2 year Captain
- 1st team All New England 2013 (NEILA)
- Coach Pollack led the warriors to an NCAA Division II final four in 2015 and 2016. He was a player in Merrimack’s only other final 4 appearance
- In 2017 Coach Pollack helped lead Merrimack Warriors to their first DII National Championship appearance.
- In 2017 Coach Pynchon was named the head coach of St. John’s Prep
- Played high school lacrosse at St Johns Prep
- Played college lacrosse at Providence College
- Assistant coach at Providence College for two seasons (2006, 2007)
- Won one conference championship as a player (2003) and two as a coach (2006, 2007) while with the Friars
- Head coach at Beverly high school for the past 9 years
- Enjoys reading
- Played high school ball at Masconomet as a 4-year starter
- 2017 DII midfielder of the year and 1st All-American
- 2015 2nd team All-American
- 2014 3rd team All-American
- 5th year HGR lacrosse coach
- Three-time Merrimack College captain
- Currently playing lacrosse at UMass Amherst – Midfield
- 2018 USILA All-America Honorable Mention
- 2018 All-CAA First Team and CAA All-Championship Team
- 2018 All-ECAC First Team
- 2018 & 2017 NEILA All-Region Second Team
- 2017 CAA All-Rookie Team
- Played high school lacrosse at Billerica Memorial High School, 2 Year Captain
- Was two-time All-Scholastic and two-time All-America choice
- 2016 Boston Globe Athlete of the Year
- 2016 MVC Division I Player of the Year and All-Conference Team
- High School English/Language Arts teacher since 1997
- Began coaching high school lacrosse in 1992
- Head Coach at Lexington HS since 2000
- Five Middlesex League Championships in that time
- Twice named Middlesex League Coach of the Year
- Co-Founder of the 128 Lacrosse Club
Co-Founder Raptors Lacrosse, Elite Team Director
- One of the three original founders of Raptors Lacrosse and Team Coach “Raptors Elite” Since 2004
- Founding Member – Billerica Youth Lacrosse
- Athletic Hall of Fame (1983)
- 10 Year Defensive Coach BMHS
- Four (4) year member of the University of Lowell Men’s Lacrosse Team and U-Lowell – Capt- Team MVP (1987)
- 12 Season Athlete; 3 Season Varsity Captain; 1983 Graduate Billerica Memorial High School
Grant Whiteway III
- 2nd-year Varsity Head Coach at Hartford High School (VT).
- 2 Year Assistant Coach at North Andover (2017 MVC Champs)
- 3 Year Stating Attackman at Umass Amherst. Finished career with 61 goals, and 75 points.
- 2X All American at Billerica Memorial High School.
- 2x Boston Globe Player of the Year.
- 2011 ESPN Boston Mr.Lacrosse Award.
- Billerica all time Leader in Points 539 career points.