The HGR Pod School
- We feel a strong sense of community obligation to help with the current state of public education. This will be a not-for-profit endeavor for HGR.
- We have a tremendous facility that lends itself to this type of venture.
- We have children of our own in the North Andover elementary school system.
We’re expecting spots to fill up quickly, so don’t delay. See below for details.
Sign up is first-come, first-serve.
How the HGR Pod School Will Work
- How do I register
- Registration will open Monday, August 17th at 9:00 a.m.
- There are very limited spots, 10 per grade, first come first serve.
- North Andover Resident
- 1st – 4th graders
- Hybrid education model
- Must have selected the North Andover Public Schools Hybrid Model
- We will follow the exact North Andover school calendar.
- School starts for the Monday and Thursday students September 19th.
- School starts for the Tuesday and Friday students September 20th.
- 2 teachers aides
- 10 – 1 Teachers Aide to Student ratio
- Our teacher’s aides are not certified teachers
- They will simply be aiding and supplementing the North Andover provided curriculum for each grade.
- We have hired a certified teacher as a consultant for our two teacher’s aides
- Extensive safety protocol
- Twice daily professional cleaning and disinfecting
- 7:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. each day
- Temperature checks at the door for teachers and students
- 20,000 sq. ft. to spread out in
- Class size
- 10 students per grade
- 1st-5th grade
- Cohorts and grades no longer matter.
- 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- 1st and 5th graders – Mondays and Thursdays
- 1st and 5th graders – Tuesdays and Fridays
- Price – $2,400 annually ($33 per day)
- Deposit of $1,200 required to hold your spot
- Balance of $1,200 due November 1st
- If the schools reopen, which we hope they do, we will issue a prorated refund for any costs that aren’t associated with services already rendered or start-up costs.
- If we carry a balance at the end of the year, we will refund each family their portion of the balance
- We reserve the right to refund and remove any students or families that are disruptive.
- We reserve the right to refund and remove any students or families that we feel are jeopardizing the safety of our pod community.
If the schools re-open…
Which we hope they do, we will issue prorated refunds for any costs that aren’t associated services already rendered or start-up costs.