HGR is proud to add a new program to our league lineup.
We have just introduced an incredible option for 2nd, 3rd and 4th graders:
Trash Can Lacrosse is a version of the sport that emphasizes passing, catching, accurate shooting, ground balls and team play. At one point or another the best players in the world have played either Trash Can Lacrosse or a variation of it, they have used this version to build a fundamental understanding of the game while keeping the focus on having fun and being creative. This league is designed to give your child an inclusive team first environment where they get to learn the fundamentals and a love of the game.
WHO – 2nd, 3rd, 4th graders.
WHAT – HGR Trash Can Lacrosse League.
- 1 hour session with 15 minute coach up followed by 45 minute game.
- 3v3 style with each team having 2 subs.
- Maximum of 5 runners per team.
- No score will be kept.
- No stick checks – only passing lane/positional defense allowed.
- Gloves, cup and mouth piece are necessary even though games will be played with a soft ball.
- We will provide HGR pinnies.
- Each age group will get 4 hour long sessions for $60.
WHEN – go to https://hgrlacrosse.com/programs/trash-can-lacrosse/ for detailed schedule.
- League runs 9/17/17 to 10/8/17.
- 8am-11am on Sunday Mornings
- 2nd graders start at 8am
- 3rd graders start at 9am
- 4th graders start at 10am.
Each age group will get 4 hour long sessions
WHERE – Games will be held at HGR located at 400 Osgood Street North Andover, MA.